Wednesday, March 28, 2012

♆Recipe♆ Chia Berry Jam

Ingredients:
✝ 1 tsp chia
✝ 1/4 cup berries
Optional ingredients:
honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger (fresh/powder), lemon zest, lavender, cardamom, black pepper...the list goes on...

Prep time:
15-20 mins

1 serving
35 calories per serving
I love jam but it's full of sugar and lacks nutrition so I try not to eat it, but lately, I've been craving yogurt and jam on toast. Chia to the rescue! Chia is one of my favorite super foods. It's ridiculously high soluble fiber content makes it the most healthy thickener I can think of. Chia and berries, a match made in heaven.



I make this one serving at a time but it would be just as easy to make a lot of it. It's the perfect addition to a weekend brunch. I bet it would stay in the fridge for a day or two as well.

I use frozen fruit because the freezing process breaks down the fruit a bit and makes it easy to mash, but fresh would work too.


Let the berries defrost for a few minutes.


Mash em.

Add any extras (I used cinnamon, ginger powder and lemon zest) and let the chia jam set up for 10-15 mins. It's so easy! No boiling, no canning, no pots to wash and you can be really creative. I couldn't wait a full 10 mins, I just ate it juicy. So fresh, so healthy and so versatile. Maybe mango/lime tomorrow...


It goes really well with the fresh raw goat milk yogurt we get delivered.

Yum.

1 comment: