Saturday, March 24, 2012

☩DIY☩ Miu Miu Sequin Bird Dress

Things you need for this DIY:
✝ a LBD
✝ 20 yards of sequin trim
✝ fabric glue
✝ scissors
✝ paper
✝ a pencil

Total time:
2 hrs

Total cost:
$14 ($10 for the trim + $4 for the glue)


 Sparkly gold aplique? YES PLEASE!      


I used basic fabric glue which isn't washable. With all the sequins I wouldn't machine wash this dress anyway. The tacky glue is great because it's sticky and helps keep the sequins in place as you go. Instead of loose sequins I used trim which made attaching it way easier.

 I used the pencil to trace around the stencils I cut out. I covered the pencil line with the glue and filled it in.

I applied the trim starting from the edge working in.

 I made seven birds altogether, five in the front and two in the back. It took awhile but it was worth it.

Have a party!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning!! Definitely trying this... so excited
    http://chic-who.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gusta mucho la técnica, el modelo elegido también.

    ReplyDelete