Saturday, March 24, 2012

☩DIY☩ Bo[w]ne Tie

Things you need for this DIY:
✝ Sculpey or other oven-bake clay
✝ pliers
✝ wire
✝ chain
✝ clasp+jump rings
✝ brown paint
✝ a paint brush
✝ a little water
✝ wax or parchment paper

Total time:
35 mins

Total cost:
$2 for the Scupley


I didn't go out for Halloween this year and I still feel the hole it left!!


I love all the inventive "bow" ties I have been seeing lately. This is my version.


 Making a clay bone is hella easy. Roll it into a ball and roll it skinny in the middle.

To make the end of the bone, just stick the fat part under your fingers and squeeze.


 Voila!

Bake according to the directions on the package.

 To give it a realistic color, paint the bone with a little bit of diluted paint and then wipe it off after a few seconds.

 Use three inches of wire to wrap each side and make little loops.

Add some chain and a clasp.


Have a party!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ren! Adore this tutorial and would love to link up to it on AllFreeJewelryMaking.com, directing readers back to your tutorial. Let me know what you think!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Kelly Spence, Editor
    AllFreeJewelryMaking.com
    kspence@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this just in time for Halloween, but I'm going to be wearing it all year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete